Dear Residents, Family Members, Team Members and Visitors,
After consulting with the Medical Director of The William Breman Jewish Home, Dr. Elliott Jackson, as well as with infectious disease specialists Dr. Phyllis Kozarsky and Dr. David Rimland, Jewish HomeLife is taking the following measures to reduce the risk of introducing COVID-19 into any of our communities:
- Signs will be posted in all communities requesting that people with acute respiratory illness refrain from entering any of our buildings.
- Individuals (regardless of illness presence) who have a known exposure to someone with COVID-19, or have recently traveled to areas with COVID-19 transmission, should refrain from entering our buildings.
- Frequent hand hygiene with alcohol-based hand sanitizer or soap and water is needed for proper infection control for all infectious diseases, including COVID-19. Additional hand sanitizer stations will be made available in all our buildings.
- Facemasks are not recommended for use unless someone has a respiratory illness.
- Team members should avoid working when ill.
We will continue to consult with our medical leadership to advise us on what, if any, additional measures should be implemented as we learn more about this illness and its transmission.
Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for your cooperation as we do all we can to protect our residents and each other.
Harley Tabak Jeff Gopen
President & CEO Chief Operating Officer